Scotchgard™ Protection Film Data Sheet
Scotchgard™ Protection Film Data Sheet General Description
Scotchgard Paint Protection Film Pro Series 4.0 data sheet is the best source of information. Here are the numbers you need to choose the best ppf.
Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film Pro Series 4.0 protects automotive paint and other vulnerable surfaces from stone chips, scratches, bug damage, road tar, stains, automotive fluid stains, and punishing outdoor weathering – including harsh ultraviolet (UV) radiation.
Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film Pro Series 4.0 features:
• Virtually invisible film
• Maintains exceptional clarity with good resistance to yellowing
• Easy to install flexible film allows for easier part application on complex automotive surfaces
• Enhanced adhesive and clearcoat performance ensure durable protection
• Low orange peel provides optimal clarity, maintaining the original surface appearance
One year from the date of shipment when stored at 40°F to 90°F (4°C – 38°C) and 0% to 95% relative humidity. Optimum
recommended storage conditions are 72°F (22°C) and 50% relative humidity. If this is not the condition, Then the protective layer will be expired.
The information provided in this technical document is intended as a guide for this product. For more information or help in
selecting a 3M product for an application, please contact your 3M technical service representative or call 1-800-328-1684.
Technical Data Sheet 3M™ Paint Protection Film Pro Series 4.0
brochure Technical Information:
The technical information, recommendations, and other statements contained in this document are based upon tests or experience that 3M expires believes are reliable, but the accuracy or completeness of such information is not guaranteed.
Product Use: Many factors beyond 3M’s control and uniquely within the user’s knowledge and control can affect the use and performance of a 3M product in a particular application. Given the variety of factors that can affect the use and performance of a 3M product, the user is solely responsible for evaluating the 3M product and determining whether it is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application.
The product is urethane film with a residual solvent odor. This product is considered to be an article that does not release or otherwise result in exposure to a hazardous chemical under normal use conditions. Warranty, Limited Remedy, and Disclaimer: Unless an additional warranty is specifically stated on the applicable 3M product packaging or
product literature, 3M warrants that each 3M product meets the applicable 3M product specification at the time 3M ships the product.
3M MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION ARISING OUT OF A COURSE OF DEALING, CUSTOM, OR USAGE OF TRADE.
If the 3M product does not conform to this warranty, then the sole and exclusive remedy is, at 3M’s option, replacement of the 3M product or refund of the purchase price. Limitation of Liability: Except where prohibited by law, 3M will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the 3M product, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential, regardless of the legal theory asserted, including warranty, contract, negligence, or strict liability.
Which is the best paint protection film?
By numbers, 3M pro series 4 is the best ppf worldwide as it has:
- The highest thickness (8mm).
- Highest gloss finish in class (20 Microns top glass coat while the next best option is Xpel with 12 Microns ONLY).
- Best durability up to 31 Kg per inch square while the next best option is Xpel with18Kg per inch square.
- Exceptional stretch up to 460% while the next best option is Xpel can be stretched up to 20% Only.
- Pro Series is the only film that blocks 99.9% of UV. This is the main reason why it is the main choice for middle east countries. Outstanding self-healing compared to other car protection films
check out these videos for more practical information